During the process of laser engraving, the laser beam impinges on the material, exposing it to a great deal of heat. Depending on the exposure time, the color changes and creates a contrast, or the material evaporates or burns. The resulting laser engraving is permanent and very resistant to abrasion.
The Advantages of Laser Engraving
- It’s a non-contact process
- Doesn’t strip away any material
- Works with a range of shapes and sizes
- Precise markings and high quality
- Works with a range of materials
- Environmentally friendly